Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Candy Day.

Somehow the only customer I dealt with tonight was a young man, about 12, gathering supplies for a science fair project display board.

He came in, found what he needed, had his items rung up, and whoops, it came to too much. So he went out to the car. He came back in, and put everything away.

:(

He left before I could do anything.

About fifteen minutes later he was back, this time he had more money. Apparently Mom went to the cash machine. This time I helped him with his shopping and steered him towards some products that were not as expensive but actually more appropriate. (I do know my glues.)

Science fairs suck. They suck the cash right out of you. This kid got the bare minimum, display board, markers and glue, and it came to nearly $15. This doesn't any include any supplies for his actual project!

No comments:

Post a Comment